Portable & Truckmount Carpet Cleaning Forced Water Extraction
Statistics reveal that the indoor air of your homes ooze with potentially harmful elements, 100 times more severe than the outdoor air. A cleaned carpet adds to the health of people living in the household as well as bringing a better environment. Considering the health benefits of carpet cleaning, the procedure cannot be ignored.
Carpet cleaning not only betters the appearance of a room but also is beneficial on health terms. Cleaning carpets on a regular basis helps restore a healthy interior with good quality air, as well in acting as filter system for dust, pollen, pollutants, mites, debris, along with other contaminants. It is highly advised to clean carpets when you are living in a city with high pollution rate as well when you have children with asthma and pollen related allergies. Not only does this help in keeping your children healthy but it also keeps the cleanliness quotient of your homes to a high level.
In addition, when regularly vacuumed, the shelf lives of carpets show a good increase, in turn extending the durability of the carpet. You have to understand that no matter how clean your carpets appear, they are always exuding with mites, mildew, allergens, mold, and fungi. If you are living in a climet where there is humidity throughout the year, you should make sure to have your carpets cleaned regularly to avoid any uncalled illnesses.
The process of steam cleaning your carpet involves hot water being fed to a spray extraction tool or wand, coupled to a pump vacuum power unit. The cleaning solution is injected under pressure deep into the carpet through water jet nozzles. The water will then penetrate the fiber all the way down to the backing. This action will loosen any embedded soil, remove oil and grease deposits, and get your carpet cleaner than it has ever been.
There are many types and makes of steam carpet cleaners available on the market, ranging from small portables to the large and very powerful truck mounted units. The principle is the same no matter what model you pick. The models that are truck mounted are designed so that only the hose and the wand are taken into the area being cleaned. These units are very powerful, delivering hot water and generating a high vacuum recovery that can be powered by diesel fuel, gas, propane, or even by the motor of the truck.
Most carpet manufacturers, fiber producers, and professional cleaners endorse this process for achieving soil removal efficiency. With the present state of art equipment and technology, we are more than capable of high production and cleaning of carpet.
Currently, there are two methods being used with steam carpet cleaning:
- This method involves a traffic lane cleaner being sprayed onto the traffic lanes and then agitated into the fibers. The entire area is then cleaned by using a hot water extractor that has a cleaning solution being injected into the fibers through the wand.
- The second method involves a free rinse emulsifying pre-spray being sprayed onto the entire carpet, then agitated into the fibers. The second method involves a free rinse emulsifying pre-spray being sprayed onto the entire carpet, then agitated into the fibers.
We Use Truckmount Carpet Steam Cleaning with Forced Water Extraction:
- We prepare the equipment and all necessary supplies. In a pump or power sprayer we mix the free rinsing pre-spray. In the solution tank of the extractor, we then mix the rinsing agent.
- If you have a lot of furniture to move, we will make a floor plan to include all areas possible.
- If the area being cleaned has furniture, we remove as much as possible.
- We thoroughly vacuum the carpet. If the pile is crushed or matted, we use a pile brush to loosen the soils which will make vacuuming more effective.
- We use re-spray a good amount of the pre-spray.
- Using a grooming tool, we agitate the pre spray deep into the fibers then let it sit for 10 � 15 minutes, making sure that it doesn�t dry out.
- We then extract the area using a portable, truck mounted, or automatic carpet cleaner.
- To ensure carpet is cleaned properly, we often repeat steps 5 through 7 until the entire area has been cleaned.
- Finally, we groom the cleaned area, replace all furniture that was removed, then clean all equipment that was used.
Carpet Stretching and Carpet Repair
Carpets add warmth, style, and many other advantages to any home � and can also be quite expensive. What�s more, when they are the victim of spills, stains, muddy footprints, and dogs (or other animals) they can be quite laborious to clean. Not only that, but the cleaning itself can add sufficiently more wear and tear to the carpet. Expensive carpets will often still look new over many years of cleaning, but most carpets are of the average kind when it comes to their durability, and soon enough they fade, lose their color, get dents from furniture and many other things.
For over a decade, Omega Carpet and Home Cleaning has provided Atlanta and the Greater Metro Area with premier carpet repair and carpet stretching services. With trained technicians standing by ready to help we can repair paint stains, cigarette burns, high traffic areas, red wine, dog odors, cat odors, pet stains, and more! No stain or repair is too difficult for our carpet experts. Schedule your appointment and save now, just check out our current cleaning specials near the top of this page for these services:
- Complete Carpet Cleaning
- Pet Stains, Wine Stains and Odors
- Carpet Restoration & Stretching
- Carpet Tear Repair
- Sanitization and Disinfection for your Health
- Plus so much more!
Why Does My Carpet Need Stretching?
Re-stretch loose carpet to get rid of waves, buckles and ripples from improper installation, wear-and-tear or high traffic. My repairs will extend the life of your carpet because loose carpet wears rapidly.Pad replacement for pet urine problems, wine, bleach, water damage and mildew.
A wall to wall carpet can get loose from a variety of reasons. If properly stretched at the time of installation it should look tight and remain that way. A carpet can get loose from furniture moving. Sliding heavy furniture back and forth across a carpet can cause it to loosen. Excersise equipment if not properly positioned may also cause this problem. Wheel chairs, carts, toys and other items that roll. Over the years a carpet can loosen. Over wetting and spills are another problem.
Basically normal wear and tear may cause a carpet to need restretching. Call a Carpet repair technician and the problem can be fixed by stretching and re-installing it back into place.
Carpet stretching does not necessarily mean moving all of the furniture out of a room. Sometimes sliding the furniture from one side to the other, with furniture sliders, may be sufficient to allow proper stretching.
Omega Carpet and Home Cleaning today at (770) 943-3000 to schedule your free, no-obligation quote. Our experts clean Stainmaster, Weardated, Anso, Invista, Solutia, plus many more carpet brands!
Upholstery, Area Rugs and Exotic Fabric Protection Care
When you know how to clean and care for your upholstered furniture it will retain the look that made you fall in love with it in the first place. With proper cleaning, care, and maintenance, it is possible to have all your upholstery looking its best for a long time. It pays to be consistent, and it�s not hard to do. Omega Carpet and Home Cleaing.
Upholstery cleaning requires far more extensive skill and knowledge to master than carpet cleaning. There are several reasons for this. First, the range of fabric fiber types involved is double what one commonly finds in carpet, requiring the cleaner to have a wider understanding of fabric cleaning technology.
Generally, most fabrics are comprised of one or of various multiple blends of twelve different fiber types including cottons: (processed, semi-processed, and unprocessed); or rayon; polyester; olefin; acrylic; linen; nylon; acetate; wool; or silk. There are also a small handful of fibers made from exotic plants or animal furs out there as well, but they are extremely rare in America. Any other trade names in use, such as Herculon, Acrylon, Dacron, Visa, etc., are merely proprietary names for blends of synthetics already included in the list above.
Many upholstery fabrics are significantly more delicate and sensitive than carpet fabrics, as they are sold based on comfort and soft texture, as opposed to carpet which needs to be more durable since we walk on it. Obviously, an ignorant cleaner can do a lot of damage if they use an incorrect method or chemical. Further complicating the matter of upholstery fabric cleaning is the lack of comprehensive and accurate information being circulated. While the major carpet manufacturing mills now proactively cooperate with the cleaning industry to exchange information and cleaning recommendations, the upholstery cleaning fabric makers have been much slower to date to follow suit.
Choose the Right Fabric
When you choose the right fabric for the right place you make your upholstery maintenance task easier. Always make sure that you choose fabric that is appropriate for your lifestyle and the upholstered furniture piece. For example, synthetic fibers are a better choice for upholstered furniture that sits in areas of heavy usage.
The best form of fabric protection is prompt attention to spills. A lot of work is done for you when the upholstery fabric undergoes the finishing process at the factory. It is usually treated with soil and/or water repellents and some form of mildew inhibitors may also be used. Additional fabric protectors may be applied to your upholstered furniture in the store or at home.
Professionally-applied Scotchgard protector
The best way to protect your carpet, rug and upholstery and keep it fresh and clean, for many years to come, is to apply our scotchguard for maximum protection.
We Guarantee Your Home Will Look Cleaner and Fresher for Years to Come
- Helps protect against both oil and water based stains
- Helps carpet fibers resist soiling
- Helps carpet and upholstery fabric resist stains
- Helps carpet and upholstery stay cleaner longer
- Creates an invisible barrier between fabric and stains
- Prevents dirt from sticking to fibers in fabric
Save Time With More Effective Vacuuming
Dirt is much more easily released by vacuuming after your carpet and upholstery have been treated with Scotchguard Protection.
Clean up Stains in a Flash. Stains are removed far more easily because Scotchgard repels liquids. Spills can be blotted up in the blink of an eye. The best time to apply Scotchguard Protection is immediately after a professional clean from Chicagoland Carpet Cleaners. Such an application will keep your carpet, rug or upholstery clean and safe for a much longer period.
Cleaner for Longer
Once our technician applies Scotchguard Protection, your carpet and upholstery will become easier to vacuum, as well as stain-resistant, making your home look cleaner and fresher for a long time.
While this helps with maintenance and care by keeping spills from being absorbed into the upholstery fibers right away, it is not a substitute for prompt cleaning of a soiled piece. Don't let it give you a false sense of security. Always clean up any spills or stains in a timely manner, and follow manufacturers� instructions for proper care methods.
Omega Carpet and Home Cleaning today at (770) 943-3000 to schedule your free, no-obligation quote.
Fire Damage, Smoke Damage, Water Damage & Mold Removal
Mold Is A Hidden Danger After Water Damage. For flood water damage, the first thing to do is to stop the source to prevent further damage, then check the class of the water damage. Move the furniture, try to dry them, extract as much water as possible from the carpet, treat it with a disinfectant, prop up the carpet, and let air flow under the carpet to dry it. It is best to let the air flow get under the carpet with the use of fans to speed drying. It usually is recommended to call a professional flood water damage restoration service to assess the damage. Other parts of the house may have also been damaged, like the wood studs, insulation and dry wall.
Heavy rain can be a nightmare for homeowners. We often see mold sprouting in dark damp basements. It is easy to find discolored walls and foundations. Drenched carpets are a perfect breeding place for mildew. To clean it up, you must eliminate the original source. It could be a plumbing leak, sewer back up or water seepage in the basement through the foundation. Any of those things need to be fixed and then you need to clean up the effected area."
If you believe you have mold, there are some things you need to do to take action to protect yourself. Firstly, wear a mask so you protect your airways. Secondly, wear a pair of gloves to protect your hands. Finally, make sure you expose the area allowing plenty of ventilation to the mold. We recommend wearing gloves and a good fungicidal cleaner or a general purpose cleaner like top jobs to scrub it off. If the mold is on drywall, you may need to cut that part of the wall out.
Before you try to clean up mold by yourself, you might want to seek an expert since some forms are dangerous to breathe in. Besides mold sprouting in storm damaged homes, many fore closured homes are being treated. Our carpet restoration cleaners have the equipment and experience necessary to handle the most wet situations.
We put a priority on water damage situations to prevent mold and mildew problems as well as structural damage to the home. Omega Carpet and Home Cleaning is your one-stop water damage treatment company who can respond to 24-hour emergency service.
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services:
- We can get you back into your home faster. Our specialized equipment and training means most fire repair and restoration jobs are completed more quickly than conventional reconstruction methods.
- We can save your personal possessions. We can clean and restore contents (i.e., furniture, clothing, artwork, electronics and computers) back to their prior condition.
- We help relieve the burden of dealing with the insurance claims process. We will work with you and your insurance company to help speed the settlement of your claim.
- Emergency Board Ups � We board-up and stabilize your home to prevent additional damage.
- Fire Damage Clean Up � Fire damaged materials are carefully removed and discarded
- Soot Residue Cleaning � Areas affected by soot are wiped clean.
- Smoke Odor Removal � We sanitize and purify the air in your home.
- Contents Restoration � We can remove smoke, soot and odors from clothing, antiques, carpets, upholstery, documents, electronics and more.
- Water Damage Cleanup � For water damage resulting from fire extinguishing efforts, we use scientific methods and specialized equipment we can dry affected areas in as little as 3 days.
You want your home back to the condition it was in prior to the fire damage. At Omega Carpet and Home Cleaning, we have the experience, compassion and know how to do just that. For more information or immediate assistance call (770) 943-3000.
Water Damage Restortion Services:
- Water Extraction � We use the latest technology to identify the extent of the water damage, and verify drying results.
- Water and Flood Damage Restoration � We get you back to normal � fast!
- Structural Drying � We thoroughly dry structures to avoid secondary damage such as water staining, odors, mold growth, and compromised structural integrity.
- Contents Restoration � Our specialized equipment restores clothing, antiques, carpets, upholstery, documents, electronics and more.
When sewers back up into homes, the damaged area must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to reduce the risk of disease. Again, the first step is to put on protective clothing as noted above. The humidity in the damaged area should be lowered by opening up the house and removing standing wastewater with a mop, wet vac, or squeegee. Interior closets and cabinet doors should be opened to allow circulation. Fans, dehumidifiers, and window air conditioners can be used to circulate the air, but whole house air conditioners or furnace blowers should be used only if the air ducts were not impacted by standing wastewater. Desiccants (materials that absorb moisture) can be placed in enclosed areas where air can�t move through.
Sanitary Sewer Overflows Cleanup:
The contents of the damaged area should then be sorted to separate salvageable furnishings from unusable debris. Materials that were exposed to the wastewater and cannot be thoroughly steam cleaned or disinfected should be disposed. All potentially contaminated food items, cosmetics, stuffed animals, and baby toys should be discarded. Contaminated mattresses, pillows, foam rubber items, upholstered couches and chairs, books, and most paper products should generally be discarded because they soak up contamination. If the furnishings are of particular value, a cost estimate from a professional cleaner can help determine if they are worth saving.
Soiled clothing and small throw rugs should be thoroughly washed in warm or hot water, with bleach if possible. Larger rugs and those with foam backing may have to be discarded, as may wall to wall carpeting. After getting wet, wall to wall carpeting usually will not return to its former size and has to be thrown away. If only a portion of the carpeting is damaged, it may be adequately cleaned by a professional carpet cleaner. The foam padding will likely have to be replaced, however.
Omega Carpet and Home Cleaning today at (770) 943-3000 to schedule your free, no-obligation quote.